Flexible Industrial Insulation for Sub-Ambient and Cryogenic Applications
Cryogel® Z flexible aerogel blanket insulation is engineered to deliver maximum thermal protection with minimal weight and thickness. It is unmatched in sub-ambient, cold cycling and cryogenic applications. Available in two thicknesses, Cryogel Z incorporates an integral vapor retarder with zero water vapor permeance to ensure maximum asset protection.
The extremely low thermal conductivity of Cryogel Z minimizes heat gain and liquid boil-off. It remains flexible, even at cryogenic temperatures, eliminating the need for complex, costly contraction joints, thereby simplifying and speeding installation. FEED and EPC engineers benefit from Cryogel Z’s suitability for modular and traditional stick-built construction projects; it can be applied remotely and moved to the job site. It can easily withstand sea and road transport for greater project savings. With its durable format, Cryogel Z withstands mechanical abuse and provides continued protection throughout the life of the asset—plus, its reduced weight make it perfect for legacy sphere and vessel use. Cryogel Z is ideal for both maintenance work and new builds, supporting faster and safer installations with sustained long term performance.
In addition to being the first choice in cold conservation, Cryogel Z offers acoustic attenuation and protections against cold splash, pool fire, and jet fire. The combination of these safeguards make Cryogel Z ideal for applications, including LNG and ethylene gas processing, refrigeration, alkylation, and more. Cryogel Z (IMO Grade) is available on request for offshore and marine applications that require compliance with IMO Parts 2 and 5, and it offers the same combination of thermal, acoustic, and fire performance as standard Cryogel Z.
An LNG receiving terminal in Thailand chose Cryogel Z for jetty lines, tank interconnects, and regasification piping and equipment.
Cryogel Z installation requires no costly and time-consuming contraction joints.
Cryogel insulated 8000m of piping in 60 days, half the time required for a rigid foam system.
"If we had used any other insulation product, we'd still be there." — EPC Project Manager, 2 months after first cargo
Cryogel insulation (right hand pipes) is a fraction of the thickness of rigid insulation (left hand pipes).
- Extremely low thermal conductivity (k-value) enables thinner designs for improved space efficiency
- Integrated, zero perm vapor retarder provides redundant protection in an easy-to-install package
- Eliminates the need for contraction joints reducing cost and complexity
- Durable and flexible even at cryogenic temperatures
- Sustained performance during construction, transport and operations makes it suitable for pre-insulation and modular builds
- Increased labor productivity and faster installation rates
- Proven in global LNG liquefaction and regasification service
- Thermal, acoustic, jet-fire, pool fire, and cold splash protection in a single system
Click here to visit our product information page where you can download available Datasheets, Safety Datasheets (SDS), and Article Information Sheets (AIS) for Cryogel Z and Cryogel Z (IMO Grade).